Hackathon for climate adaptation: NKU.Hackathon!
The Network Climate Adaptation & Enterprise.NRW is organizing a hackathon for climate adaptation in March 2023: the NKU.Hackathon! and we would like to invite you to participate.
At the NKU.Hackathon! teams of students from a wide range of disciplines will have the chance to develop solutions to climate adaptation challenges in 48 hours.
The event is virtual in nature and allows students to gain expertise in applied climate adaptation, direct contact with companies, as well as a prize and access to the NRW Ministry of the Environment.
The NKU.Hackathon! requires no prior knowledge of programming - all majors in advanced bachelor's or master's studies are welcome. Students can already register as a team (3-5 people) or as an individual.
By participating, students will have the following opportunities:
- Insights into applied climate adaptation.
- Direct contact with experts in the field of climate adaptation
- Direct contact with companies from NRW with the chance of internships or employment
- Experience in the application of innovation methods
- High quality certificate of participation as reference
- Prizes for the three best teams
- Invitation to a major event at the NRW Ministry of the Environment
- The chance to present the results at the NRW Ministry of the Environment
Students can register for the NKU.Hackathon! from January 16 to February 12 on the website of the Network-Climate Adaption & Enterprise.NRW.
The NKU.Hackathon! starts on March 13 and ends after 48 hours. The submitted results (2 A4 pages & 2-minute video) will be evaluated by a jury and the winners will be announced and awarded prizes on March 27, 2023 at the Ministry of Environment NRW in Presence. All participants of the NKU.Hackathon! are cordially invited to the event at the Ministry of Environment, regardless of their achieved place.
We look forward to a successful NKU.Hackathon! 2023 and to the exchange with you.