Gender and Diversity
Equality, equal opportunities, and the appreciation of diversity are fundamental principles of our university culture - both in studying and teaching as well as in research and in university management. With the Central goal of being an attractive place of study and work for committed students and employees from Germany and abroad, RWTH Aachen University works actively to eliminate prejudices, stereotypical thought patterns, and discrimination. All university members are enabled to develop their individual potential; regardless of their gender, socio-cultural background, physical disability, or chronic illness.
In this context, employees and the students have access to numerous offers, measures, and services, such as counseling on the topic of equal treatment and nondiscrimination, compatibility of family responsibilities and career, and studying with a disability or chronic illness. Female students, doctoral candidates, and postdocs can actively shape their careers with the help of the TANDEM mentoring programs. Gender Consulting is available to advise researchers on the application process for DFG-funded research alliances and their party-funded projects. The quarterly newsletter "Chancengerechte Hochschule" (Equal Opportunities University) informs all university members about the topics of equality, compatibility, and diversity in the university context.
All faculties of RWTH Aachen University are committed to demanding and promoting equal and collaborative work between all persons in research, teaching, service, and study.
Contact Persons at the Faculty of Civil Engineering
|Participation in Appointment Process|
|Chair of the Equal Opportunities Board|
|Equal Opportunities Plan of the Faculty|
|Advising on Equal Treatment, Sexual Harassment, Gendersensitive Language Use, etc.|
|Gender and Diversity in Research Proposals||Integration Team Gender & Diversity (IGaD)|
"It is time to stop trying to change women and start changing the systems that prevent them from realizing their potential."
- António Guterres (as Secretary-General of the United Nations)
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Marzia Traverso
Equal Opportunities Officer
Dr.-Ing. Catrina Brüll
Deputy Equal Opportunities Officer
- Equal Opportunities Plan RWTH Aachen University (in German)
- Equality rate RWTH Aachen University (in German)
- Equality concept of the RWTH Aachen University (in German) (pdf: 2484 kb)
- Equal Opportunities Committee InfoSheet (pdf: 140 kb)
- Handbook Gender Equitable Language (in German)
- Staff Development Concept
- Inklusionsvereinbarung (DE) (pdf: 1418 kb)
- Equal opportunities Action Plan 2017-2022 (pdf: 13247 kb)
- Joint Guidelines Equal Opportunities (pdf: 261 kb)
- Golden Rules for Family Friendly Management (pdf: 5671 kb)
- Gender-neutral Language Flyer (DE) (pdf: 1413 kb)
- Sexual harassment and Discrimination (pdf: 1086 kb)