Ukraine War - Support possibilities and contact persons at the University
Due to the current situation, the AStA of RWTH Aachen University would like to draw attention to the following points, which might be of particular interest to Ukrainian and Russian students:
- The Center for Mental Health of the University Hospital (ZPG) offers mid-term counseling opportunities in German and English for students and doctoral candidates
- Psychological counseling of the Central Student Advisory Service in German and English for students and doctoral candidates
- The Catholic University Community (KHG) offers intercultural work, interreligious talks, and advice in all life situations. Contact person is Markus Reissen (Tel.: 0241 4700123).
- Pastoral care of the Protestant Student Community (ESG), the contact person is Dr. Swantje Eibach-Danzeglocke
- The Psychological Counseling Center for Employees offers counseling for all employees of RWTH, UK, FH, Studierendenwerk and their relatives. Contact persons are Jörg Seigies (Tel.: 0241 80-24185), Claudia Mertens (Tel.: 0241 80-24184), Hannah Quadflieg (Tel.: 0241 80-24488).
Advising international students and researchers:
- Advising international students at the International Office. Contact point: Info Service Point (Tel.: 0241 80-90660).
- Advising international researchers and doctoral students. Contact point: Welcome Center (Tel.: 0241 80 90679).
- FAQ of the International Office on the subject of Ukraine/Russia
- Advice for international students at the ESG. Contact person: Kornelia von Kaisenberg
- AStA has the ability to offer financial assistance in the form of interest-free social loans. Work is being done with the university to offer assistance in the form of unconditional cash benefits. Students who are experiencing financial burdens due to the current situation should please be referred to the AStA The offer is only available to students. Contact person is Ole Lee (Tel.: 0241 80-93792)
- Academic Refugee Assistance: Students who are refugees to Germany still have the opportunity to enroll at RWTH under certain conditions. The contact person is the Refugee Work Team (Tel.: 0241 80-92696).
Other offers of help:
- The Studierendenwerk helps:
- Immediate measures in the area of housing and gastronomy
- Examination of dormitories for the possible admission of refugees
- Solutions for family members of Ukrainian dormitory residents are being sought
- Participation in the "Freitisch" program for Ukrainian students.
- Contact persons for the students are the members oft AStA of the respective universities.
- - Overview of existing DAAD assistance services
- RWTH and University Hospital fundraising campaign:
- Targeted support for medical staff in local hospitals
- Medicines and dressing materials are donated
- Donation account: Commerzbank Aachen
Account holder: RWTH Aachen
IBAN: DE52 3904 0013 0122 6059 00
BIC: COBADEFFXXX Purpose: Donation Ukraine
- Contact: Anne-Katja Bader (Tel.: 0241 80-99228 ) and Luisa Piras (Tel.: 0241 80-99229)
- KHG collection of donations
- The KHG collects donations in kind
- Product list
- Contact person: Beate Engelhoven (Tel.: 0241 4700138)