In the academic year 2022/23, Erasmus stays abroad in the United Kingdom are eligible for the Erasmus scholarship.
Faculty of Civil Engineering Application Portal
The following information pertains to the applications for studying abroad at partner universities of the Faculty of Civil Engineering and to applicants of the T.I.M.E. Double Degree program with CTU Prague.
Starting the academic year 2022/2023, the application phase for studying abroad will take place via the central online application portal (see below for access data). The central online application portal will be activated from January 01, 2022, at 00:00 a.m. until January 31, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. This deadline applies to stays abroad in the winter semester and summer semester following the deadline. Students can apply for up to three partner universities by ranking their preferences.
Applications for Studying Abroad at a Partner University of the Faculty of Civil Engineering
As of 2021, a central online application portal will be introduced for the first time for the Erasmus program, Swiss-European Mobility Program, as well as for the partner universities in Great Britain. Please note the application deadlines mentioned above. If you are interested in a semester abroad, you will find an overview of our faculty partnerships on the left navigation page. We also recommend that you read the general information about studying abroad and the recognition of academic achievements abroad when you are preparing for your application.
After the application deadline has expired, the selection process takes place. The selection process takes about 3 weeks and is carried out with the help of a selection committee. A ranking of all applicants will be made for this purpose. In addition, successful applicants are nominated at the respective partner university.
After the first round of applications, we will provide information about the remaining open exchange placements on this website. An application for these places is possible for all students of the Faculty of Civil Engineering, regardless of whether an application was made in the first application round or not. The selection procedure follows the same criteria as the regular procedure. The deadline for applying for the remaining open exchange spots will be announced on this page at the end of February.
Note for students of the Master degree program "Sustainable Management - Water and Energy"
Please note that from the winter semester 2022/23, an application for the Mobility Window is only possible at the partner university Politecnico di Milano . Exceptions to this can only be granted in special cases (e.g. an already completed exchange semester at Politecnico di Milano during bachelor studies). In such a case, an application must be submitted preferably to one of the other IDEA League partner universities (TU Delft, Chalmers University of Technology, ETH Zurich). In this case it is mandatory that at the time of application a study plan equivalent to the study plan from PoliMi is existent and has been discussed with and approved by Professor Sewilam. The approved study plan must be submitted to the International Office at the Faculty of Civiel Engineering via email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to application.
The latest version of the study plan from PoliMi can be obtained from us upon request. Applications submitted without an approved study plan will not be considered for the allocation of exchange places. Furthermore, an exchange placement at a partner university other than Politecnico di Milano can not be guaranteed, as these are granted according to the regular allocation procedure for exchange places at the Faculty of Civil Engineering (no priority for SuMWE students).
You are a student in a course of study, offered by the Faculty of Civil Engineering at the RWTH Aachen University.
You are in at least your third semester at the time of application.
You have achieved at least 10 ECTS of the achievable credit points per completed semester. This regulation applies to the application procedure for the academic year 2022/23 due to the increased standard period of study.
EVERY APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS
To be filled out in the online platform
- Registration with personal information
- Information about the professional and non-professional motivation for each preferred university
- Information about extra-curricular qualifications:
- Your role as an RWTH Aachen University representative at the partner university
- Information about extra-curricular qualification and/or volunteer work
To be uploaded in the Online Platform
- Tabular curriculum vitae in German (Optionally in English for students of the M.Sc. Degree Program SuMWE)
- Preliminary course choice (once per preferred university)
- Transcript of Records
- From students in a bachelor's degree program with at least 45 CP
- Transcript of records from the ZPA or RWTHOnline, including all examination results with decimal points
- From students in a master's degree program
- A copy of your bachelor's transcript of records
- If you have already completed examinations from your master's program, please upload your transcript of records from the ZPA or RWTHOnline with all of your current examination results including decimal points
- From students in a bachelor's degree program with at least 45 CP
- Voluntary: Proof of extracurricular activities/voluntary programs (for example Buddy-Program)
- Proof of Language Qualifications (your choice of the following)
- Aachen foreign language certificate
- Placement test from the Language Center of the RWTH Aachen University
Please note: Please make an appointment for the language test at the Language Center early enough in advance.
- Language Certificate for stays abroad from the Language Center of the RWTH Aachen University
- Language Diploma - TOEFL, DELE, CAMBRIDGE, ...
- High School Diploma as proof of language skills
Note: The copy of your high school diploma does not have to be certified.
- Further language certificates can only be accepted if you have permission from the Faculty of Civil Engineering's International Exchange Office
Delegation of Exchange Program Slots
The Ranking is Based on the Following Criteria
- Professional motivation
- Personal motivation
- Professional experience and extracurricular engagement (professionally relevant internships, work experience as a student assistant, participation in the BeBuddy-Program, voluntary work, etc.)
- Knowledge of the foreign universities language
- Study progress (completed credits vs planned credits)
During the application procedure, students have the opportunity to apply for up to 3 Partner universities by stating their priorities. The indication of the priorities will not be considered negatively in the evaluation of the application. We try to nominate each student at the university of his or her first preference. However, this is often not possible due to the annual exchange quota in the bilateral agreement. The results of the last rounds of applications for semesters abroad 2020/21 can give you a rough idea of the ratio of the number of applications from partner universities to the number of available exchange spots, this information can be found under The Path to Going Abroad. To increase your chances of being nominated, we recommend that you apply to several partner unviersities.