Development of Indoor Positioning Systems
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jörg Blankenbach
- +49 2418095300
- Send Email
Dr.-Ing. Raimund Schwermann
- +49 2418095303
- Send Email
Geodetic Institute and Chair for Computing in Civil Engineering and Geo Information Systems
The Geodetic Institute and Chair for Computing in Civil Engineering and Geo Information Systems at the RWTH Aachen University is part of the Faculty of Civil Engineering and offers courses in surveying, statistics, informatics in civil engineering as well as photogrammetry and geographic information systems (GIS). Our research and development activities focus on the areas of (geo) informatics, engineering geodesy and navigation, close-range photogrammetry as well as applications of statistics:
- Research and development of indoor positioning systems
- Research and applications of (distributed) GIS and geosensor networks
- Development of software components for the AFIS-ALKIS-ATKIS cadastral information system in an object-oriented, workflow-driven manner
- Development of methods for the integrated processing of laser scanning data and photogrammetric images as well as the semi-automatic generation of digital 3D building models (e.g. for BIM).
A prerequisite for the position is a university degree (M.Sc. or equivalent) in geodesy, computer science/(geo) informatics, electrical or related engineering disciplines. Moreover, a high level of commitment and the willingness to work on scientific questions as well as interdisciplinary cooperation are required. Knowledge in the field of parameter estimation and (multi-) sensor fusion as well as in a (object-oriented) programming language (e.g. Java, C++/C#) is of advantage.
- Research on, design and development of indoor positioning systems using various technologies
- Collaboration in research projects on indoor positioning, in particular in smartphone-based pedestrian localization
- Presentation of research results on conferences and preparation of scientific papers
- Participation in academic teaching
What we offer
The successful candidate will be employed as a public servant.
The position is to be filled 01.11.2017 until for 2 years. An extension to overall at least 3 years is possible and is planned.
This is a full-time position.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree in this position.
The salary corresponds to level EG 13 TV-L.
RWTH Aachen University is certified as a Family-Friendly University.
We particularly welcome and encourage applications from women, disabled persons and ethnic minority groups, recognizing they are underrepresented across RWTH Aachen University.
The principles of fair and open competition apply and appointments will be made on merit.
|Mailing Address:||Geodätisches Institut der RWTH Aachen|
Lehrstuhl für Bauinformatik und Geoinformationssysteme