Support for Families
- Different day care facilities in Aachen provide childcare for children of students and employees of RWTH. There are groups for children from the age of 3 to school enrollment, as well as for children under the age of 3.
- The short-term childcare facilities in Aachen offer supervision outside of the regular opening hours of day care or in case of appointments at short notice.
- If there is no possibility of childcare, RWTH provides Parent-Child Rooms at the University, which give parents the opportunity to work while supervising their child. The rooms are equipped with a collection of toys and children's books.
- Each semester the Väterarbeit project offers events, campaigns, and sensitization measures on the topic of fatherhood at the university.
- The Stammtisch for Aachen fathers is a platform for discussion and support. They meet on the first Tuesday of every month at 8pm.
- The family service office offers advising on maternity rights, parental leave, and parental subsidies. In a personal advising session, suitable solutions to promote the compatibility of family and career can be worked out.
- The Care & Aid Coordination Office advises students and employees of the university who have dependents in need of nursing care. This happens through supply of basic information or in personal advising sessions.
- The Social Advising Team advises employees of RWTH Aachen University in the event of personal crises, conflicts in the workplace and problems with alcohol, medications or drugs. They also offer coaching and supervision for the improvement of personal and professional behavior for individuals and groups, as well as seminars and further training on different topics like stress and conflict management.